Friday, February 19, 2010

Lines Left Unfinished

Lines Left Unfinished. A collection of old lines I found that I felt never fit anywhere or lines I never developed into full pieces.

1.
What is it this time?
Don't play games with me
Such confusion
Brings delusion

2.
I don't want to calm down
Maybe I have the weight on my shoulders

3.
My heart ripped out
Without a doubt
By the demons
In my mind

Down in the gutter
Don't feel any better
With the devil
I should not have signed

Like an alcoholic
I feel melancholic
Wrapped in darkness
I can't get out

Reality, can't perceive
Truth too hard to receive

4.
Invasion
Apocalypse
Blood red
Lunar eclipse

It's the end of the world as we know it
Who left it to a punk rock poet?

The throne of the world is up for takes
But it won't be long before it breaks
Powerful cities become a void
Nuclear bombs get it all destroyed

Infection
Dehydration
Execution
Resurrection

Deceased rising from their graves
As wholesome families misbehave

5.
I look at the stars
Reminded of your beauty
All the time you've been around
I hadn't discovered until recently

Out here, no luminescent pollution
Look up at the stars, think of you
You're the only thing on my mind

I miss you, I hope you miss me too
You're in my thoughts, I hope I'm in yours
I only pray for you, don't return the favor

6.
Its normal for a girl to want her choices
As a boy's heart will be broken a few times
And all throughout the pain

You never let them see you cry
Move on after you say goodbye
Learn to keep your cheeks dry
Push on until the day you die
You never let them see you

Tear up
Boy you better learn to gear up

7.
I'll have an order of heart break
Can you put that in a combo meal?
That way I can save some change
On all the pain I feel

You'll be eating it up

8.
Gray sky
Not a cloud in the air
Makes me feel
That it's not really fair

Why is the negative
Stronger than addition
It's just the way it is
In every math equation

2 comments:

greenolive said...

Are you going to finish these? I really want to hear more from them, especially 5, 7, and 8. Those were my favorites. But I like all of them. I really don't know how you do it.

Rhonda said...

So with your poetry, do you ever think of putting music to them and making them into songs? because seriously, I can almost hear this as an amazing song!