Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Rose and the Weed

Quick Note- Meant to be a Monologue for a psychopath who had just committed a horrible, sick, and torturous murder of a young woman named Rose. May be disturbing.

Rose, rose, rose
Blossoming young rose
So beautiful,
Yet there was a danger about you rose
Under that beauty
Lied a stem of thorns
You defined deception
With such an intrigue you had such a sting

Rose, rose, rose
I watched you
though you didn't know it
You never saw me
I was invisible to you
I guess a flower really does turn away from dark
One thing you didn't know as well as I did Rose
The dandelions were about

Rose,
I was a weed
No one wanted me
Everyone hated me
But you Rose
Had a fire, a spirit
That everyone watched in awe
I the weed only did what I was supposed to

Rose, rose, rose
I snatched you from your roots
and drained the life out of you
I peeled every thorn off your stem
Slowly, one at a time
The only thing I left untouched
Were those petals of yours
I left you nearly dead

As your petals rotted away
You began to hate yourself
Disgusted with yourself
You practically pleaded for me to finish you off
I thrust you up by the neck and spit in your face
I wasn't finished with you yet

Rose, rose, rose
They sought you out
Looked for you
Unfortunate for you
They came too late
I skinned you and burned you
Alive

Rose, Rose, Rose
I pulled your hair out
So that your head bled raw
I feasted upon your blood
Your screams of terror
Your tears of fear
I cut up your sides
I cut your fingers up and crushed your hands

They found the weed
They always do
The weed is the source of all problems
They pulled me away from you Rose
But they were far too late
You were but a cut up face and raw flesh
They keep me here now rose

Rose, rose, rose
I am called evil, vile, a monster
I said to the rest of the pretty people
I am but a weed who did his part
What's the big fuss anyway?
You're just a rose
You're dead, rose, rose, rose

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

yes, i am disturbed. but thanks for not making me sit through that other one! lol!

greenolive said...

This reminds me of the story of Elizabeth from Austria. The person who killed her felt like it was somehow what he was supposed to do. I liked the poem. It was a little disturbing that this came from my nephew but it was really good.

Megan B said...

That's creepy. But insanely good... ha ha. You are one amazing poet!