Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Homesick

Can't think of lyrics for a happy song
All I can think of, are the things that are wrong
I'm in a
Depression
Making no
Progression

Out on the streets everything is so new
My failures rapidly come out of the blue
And I can't
Think
I refuse to
Sing.

I just wanna go
Home.
Won't you take me home?
Cause I am so home sick
Just so home sick.
I wanna go home.

Things didn't work out between mom and dad
Bloody battles were fought, it became Stalingrad
I'm just
Tired
Time has
Expired.

My bike chain, broke it appears
Why must I always break into tears?
When I'm
Alone?
I'm always
Alone

I just wanna go
Home.
Can I just go home?
I am so home sick.
Why am I so home sick?
I wanna go home

How come the happiness didn't last?
That home is now just my past
I'll never
Return
Always
Feel burned.

And I just wanna smash all the walls
Because it wasn't fair, no.
I wanna stand tall
But I fall down, fall down.
It's not fair. They won't let me go

Home.
I just wanna go back home
I feel so home sick
Do I have to be home sick?
Carry me home.

I learn another one's home
Know it better than my own
All repressed
Is my pain
Heart broken
And insane

All because I'm
Homesick.



The Message:
A little while ago my parents divorced. This has been hard to accept, and my life style and mental state has changed for the worse. I am insecure, lazy, depressed, and with younger siblings, I have to be the tough one. Never let them see you cry. All my pain, all my anger is repressed. This poem is my acceptance of hard times, but also a wish to go back to the way things used to be. A home is a place to get away from the troubles of the world, an oasis. I no longer have that, the life I live is alien to me. I wish I could go back home.

No comments: